During the CoVid-19 lockdown, we must keep our bodies active and our brains engaged. There are plenty of things we can do to practice whilst at home, however, it is much more fun doing it to music! To help you practice, here is a playlist we think you can dance to whilst staying at home!
1. See The Day by Girls Aloud - Slow Waltz
This song has a great beat for the Slow Waltz. It is a lovely song by a woman telling us that she will always provide u with 'good love'.
2. Sway by Michael Bublé - Cha Cha Cha
A timeless classic. Bublé delivers a great version of this piece. Get moving and practice your chasses and Cha Cha Cha hip action!.
3. Tango Passion by Vivo Friedmann - Ballroom Tango
This song is one of the more unusual Tangos however we still love to dance to it. It is a great blend of a modern track whilst still capturing the essence of Tango
4. Bésame Mucho by Andrea Bocelli - Rumba
This is one of our all-time favourite songs to dance the Rumba to, especially when it is performed by the great Andrea Bocelli. What more could you possibly want?
6. That Man by Caro Emerald - Quickstep
A favourite of our students, this lively and upbeat song will definitely get the toes tapping and the legs shaking!
7. Hips Don't Lie by Shakira - Samba
Dance the Samba, the most rhythmical Latin dance, to the Queen of Hips!
8. Have You Met Miss Jones by Robbie Williams - Slow FoxtrotAgain, another classic song. There are so many great Foxtrots but Robbie Williams delivers us a strong beat on this one.
9. Spanish Gypsy Dance by The Madrid Pasodobles Ensemble - Paso Doble
The Spanish Gypsy Dance or 'Espana Cani' is the Paso Doble that teachers around the world choreograph their Paso Doble routines to. The song has an unusual structure that does not always stay within 8 bar phrases, however, it has become the standard in modern dancing.
10. Kiss From a Rose by Seal - Viennese Waltz (Slow Tempo)
A beautiful piece of music in 3/4 timing. If you have the space to dance the Viennese Waltz, then this song is great for beginners to practice with as you can dance a bit slower than the normal tempo.
11. It’s a Man’s, Man’s, Man’s World by James Brown - Viennese Waltz (Fast Tempo)
If you are feeling more ambitious, this hit song by James Brown is another great Viennese Waltz to be danced at a faster pace.
12. Vivir Mi Vida by Marc Anthony - Salsa
Marc Anthony's music is very popular among the Salsa dancers, and this song is one of his top hits! Full of energy and life, it's sure to get you moving!